Mr Taxman
Change the way you feel about taxes.
Get informed and discover what the taxman doesn't want you to know.
Sharing it with Australia, Mr Taxman is a regular Woman’s Day columist and TV finance commentator
  • click to visit Mr Taxman on Twitter
  • click to visit Mr Taxman on FaceBook
  • rss
30 June is rapidly approaching and it is time to do some urgent tax planning. Dr Adrian Raftery, a senior lecturer in tax, financial planning and superannuation at Deakin University and author of 101 Ways to Save Money on Your Tax - Legally! 2016-2017 edition (Wrightbooks, June 2016, AU$24.95), gives some excellent tips for you to action and maximise your tax refund this year.
According to Adrian Raftery, course director of Financial Planning at Deakin University, there are six golden rules to follow when setting financial goals.
When it comes to romantic gestures this Valentine’s Day getting your financial house in order could be just as much a symbol of love as flowers and chocolates, according to a Deakin University financial planning expert.
With many bank balances worse for wear after the holiday season, a Deakin University financial planning expert says now is a good time to get on top of money matters and plan to be in better financial health by Christmas 2017.
The new year is a great time to get serious about your finances according to Deakin University’s financial planning Associate Professor Adrian Raftery.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 Next 

Media Availability

Are you interested in booking Mr Taxman for a speaking engagement or requesting his viewpoints for an article?

comments-rhsLatest Comments

  • "Hi I am a cleaner and I work a fortnightly roster in peoples homes which has some changes especially if people need to move there day/time. I have a home office where I download/upload my paper work..."

    By: Sharon Cresdee at Feb 19, 2017 1:20AM

    Post: Claiming car expenses

  • "Hi, I have a car that I use for business purposes(maintain a log). Car was was purchased under Hire Purchase Chattel Mortgage. My question is are the lease payments deductible or is it only the..."

    By: Mark Ridley at Feb 17, 2017 2:35AM

    Post: Claiming car expenses

  • "Good article, thanks. Just interested to know how Canberra is the cheapest Capital city considering Adelaide, Hobart are all Capital cities as well? Unless you mean national capital city... in..."

    By: Confused at Feb 15, 2017 4:42AM

    Post: First home buyers face market ‘extinction’

  • "I have an 11 month contract that is 126 km away and incurs tolls. Can I claim for travel expenses?"

    By: Jaimme at Feb 13, 2017 11:53PM

    Post: Claiming car expenses

  • "Hi Mr Taxman, I live in Aus, I am paid in USD. The Money is paid into a Hong Kong account and I transfer it down to Aus every Month converting it to AUD. It is for private use, I do not have..."

    By: peter at Feb 11, 2017 12:48PM

    Post: Foreign currency trading